Wednesday 29 June 2011

Making Faces


I thought that Making Faces would be a fun activity for my daughter, as she had started to regularly identify facial features. Not just on herself, or her family, but on literally anything with a face. It is simply hilarious to her that cats have 'triangle' noses, she is fascinated with different hairstyles and one morning I found a face made out of carefully placed babywipes!

 
The 'BabyWipe' Face

So, I found a brilliant Sponge Painting Set on Yellow Moon, and we had a lot of fun with them making pictures. 

What you need:
  • Making Faces Sponge Painting Set or simply cut up some old sponges/cardboard and makethe shapes yourself!
  • Poster Paints in a variety of colours.
  • Lots of paper - I would recommend sugar paper for this activity, it's far more durable and holds the paint really well!
Make sure to put down lots of newspaper or and oilcloth cover, it's going to get messy!






I think that this one is my favourite, anybody else think he looks like some kind of 80's pop star?

Just a few of the sponges we used, my daughter particularly liked the Glasses one!


We found that the day after doing this activity, our daughter began drawing faces herself! 




Sometimes, when you see that an idea has been planted in their brains...such as beginning to recognise facial features, if you encourage it a little, water the little seed that's been planted, it will grown quickly into something more!















No comments:

Post a Comment